More than 1 in 10 property crime occurs in parking lots.
Parking lots are a safety risk especially in the late afternoon. Here's some ways to stay safe.
If at work, when returning to your vehicle, try to walk with a co-worker or security officer. Then, give your escort a ride back to the building.
* Park in a visible and well-lit area near your building.
* If you park in a garage, look for a spot near the parking attendant, or near the stairs or exit.
* Park near the main entrance of the building.
* Have your keys in your hand as you approach your vehicle.
* If someone is loitering or appears to be following you pull out your cell phone and have a conversation the person following is clearly going to hear.
* Once inside your vehicle, lock the doors and keep the windows up.
* Always be aware of your surroundings. Keep your head up and constantly scanning.
* Don’t wear headphones or have your head buried on your phone. You must be situationally aware.
STAY SAFE BAHAMAS!